WINE.ORG
Wine information & news
   
     
   
Custom Search

Home page > France > Corsica > Ajaccio

Ajaccio wine
Ajaccio, a wine from Corsica France Vineyards

The region produces mostly medium-bodied red and rosé wine made primarily from Sciacarello. Under AOC regulations, the red wines must contain at least 40% Sciacarello, which together with Barbarossa, Nielluccio and Vermentino must compose a minimum 60% of the total wine blend. The remaining maximum of 40% can come from a blend of Grenache, Cinsault and Carignan-though Carignan is relegated to comprising no more than 15% of the blend.
The reds are fleshy, with a firm structure, tannins, a rather clear colour, but powerful aromas of spice, pepper, tobacco and red fruit. They can be cellared from 4 to 6 years. They shall be served between 15 and 17°C.
White wines from Ajaccio are often blends of Ugni blanc and Vermentino.

Ajaccio wines fit with lamb meat, goat cheese, peaches cooked in wine.

Source:
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, [Online]. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrim... (accessed July 30, 2010)
Wikipedia, l’encyclopédie libre, [Online]. http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajacci...) (accessed August, 11th, 2010)
Terroir France, le guide des vins de France, [Online]. http://www.terroirs-france.com/regi... (accessed August, 11th, 2010)

Other wines from Corsica:

Muscat du Cap Corse , Patrimonio
 

All rights reserved - Copyright© DIRECTWAY
DIRECTWAY